Saturday, March 20, 2010

Winter Chili


I have decided to look at the bright side of things. Just the other day, I thought to myself that I should have made chili more often this past winter...and now I have the chance. Chili and cornbread here we come. I love slightly spicy and very "tomatoey" chili. Here is what I am putting in it.

1 pound ground beef, drained
1 onion, chopped
2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
2 cans dark red kidney beans drained
3 cups tomato sauce
2 packages of chili seasoning, (I bought the generic...one mild, one hot)
1 can of corn

Brown beef and drain. Saute onion with meat until tender. Combine meat, chili seasoning, tomato stuff and corn in pot. Cook for about 30 mins. Top with cheese and serve with buttered cornbread.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I want to try this! You could also let leave it in the crock pot and let all the flavors settle. Yummy! Thanks for posting this one.

    ReplyDelete