Sunday, March 28, 2010

Update on Challenges

Here is a quick update on the Challenges that Steve, my dad and I have endeavored on.

My daddio just completed week two of his challenge...so no money coming our way. Dang it! Just kidding everyone. :) I am glad to not see the money. I spoke with my dad today about his progress, and he said that one day this week he jogged 20 minutes, walked 10 instead of the usual 15 jogging, 15 walking. I asked him how he felt after completing two weeks, and he replied with "Honestly, I feel really good. My legs are stronger and I think it is helping me with my stress level." My dad has put working out off for the longest time because he felt like it would make him more exhausted and or feel worse...hence the "Honestly" part of my dad's statement. We both agreed that sometimes after a long day at work the last thing we may want to do is workout, but after we do it anyway we never say to ourselves "I really wish I hadn't worked out." We are always glad that we did. I am so proud of him for keeping this up. It will be neat to watch him evolve in his running/workout routine.

Steve and I both finished week four of our challenges. For Steve, this week was what the P90X guys call the "recovery week". He still works out everyday, but they are different routines then the usually. These next five weeks are going to be really, really busy for him with the end of the semester in sight. I am a little nervous for him trying to fit everything in, but I know he can do it.

This week I did a mixture of running and cross-training again. I actually worked out six times this week. Two days of cross-training and 4 days of running. For my cross-training I have been going to a gym at an apartment complex that my friend lives in. I usually do a little on the elliptical, treadmill, and bike. It is really hard to keep my attention for very long on a machine so I have to break it up. Then I do some weights focusing on my arms and legs. I ran three short runs of 5.7 miles each, and then today I ran 8 miles averaging 9 minutes and 47 seconds per mile. I don't know how long I am going to keep my short runs at this distance...they use to be just 3 or 4 miles. But here recently the weather has been so nice, I have my new Sony Walkman to listen to...and it just feels good. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment