Saturday, July 9, 2011

Prego Stats and Funny Reponses

Tummy comparison between Steve and I...I win!
Tummy comparison between dad and I...Dad wins!
Pregnancy stats as of 19 weeks!

Weight gained since I found out I was prego: 13 pounds
Favorite exercise at the moment: Walking with my doggies, and using the step in my dads house for light step aerobics
Cravings: Sour cream and onion dip with Fritos, spaghetti, Chinese food, frosted mini-wheats, fudge popsicles, fresh strawberries, ice cold milk....who am I kidding, I crave everything!
Baby gear purchased: Two items thus far. The stroller and a pack n' play which my dad just got for us. Two down, one million to go!
Fun pregnancy side effects:
1. I think I can feel the baby moving...Everything I read tells me that I might be able to feel him now. What I feel are just tiny flutters or the occasional thump in my tummy. Honestly, I can't tell if it is his movements, my own pulse or if I am willing myself to feel something.
When I read other pregnancy blogs that say they know for sure they feel kicking at this point or that it seems as if their little one is doing somersaults, I get worried...Is something wrong with baby Evan? But I just picture my last sonogram of a little squirmy-worm boy giving the technician a hard time and feel better. :) Those that know me well, know that I am a worrywart.
2. Give me a sappy love song, commercial, cute baby picture, or compelling news story and I start to tear up. Yes, I am putting this under the "Fun Pregnancy Side Effects" column. 
3. Strangers glancing at my belly, and advice from other mothers. I know some people complain about this, but I am actually grateful. Most of the suggestions I have received have been really helpful. I've just decided to welcome advice and not be embarrassed to ask for it. If I happen to  disagree, I'll just ignore it.  
Not so fun pregnancy side effects:
1. Bulging veins in my legs due to increased blood volume. This has been slightly painful. I talked to my doctor about it, and she says that it is normal...for some women. I happen to be one of those lucky women. Everything I read says to wear compression hose...in 100+ degree weather, I think NOT! Maybe when it gets cooler.
2.  The constant need to pee and/or fear of peeing when I sneeze. Embarrassing but true.

 Funny Responses

I have been meaning to share these for a while now, and I want to document them before I forget. When we told our family and friends that we were having a boy, we got some very sweet and humorous responses. Here are a few!

From my dad: Steve and I initially joked with my dad through text messages that we were going to keep the gender secret. To this he replied, "Tell me or you die!" After continued teasing, "Have fun sleeping outside tonight." (We are staying with my dad and sister this summer during Steve's internship so we don't have to pay two rent payments...for those that don't know.) After the reveal, "Yeah!!!!! Boys are just like girls except you have to duck when they pee!"

From Steve's Mom: "WHAT!!! Are you sure!?" She thought we were having a girl. :)

From friends: "#*%!* Yeah!" "Is it too early for an arranged marriage between my daughter and your son?" "Second generation of Russ-Eilers Friends!" "Oh boy, there goes the neighborhood!" "Don't let your husband convince you to name him after his favorite NHL star!" "I vote for the name Zach Robinson Eilers" (former OSU quarterback). 
Steve's sister, Lacey, finished the letters for Evan's room. I love the design!  Thanks so much Lacey, and nice pedicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment