I laughed out loud with joy when my new WONDERFUL doctor told me that Evan was going to have a little brother. Laughed out loud!
I got the feeling that she was surprise by my response. :) Now and even when I was in high school, when I pictured my future family, I always pictured two little boys running around.
Here is the picture I used to announce it on Facebook.
That is not to say that if we do ever have more children that I don't think we will have a girl, but honestly I would have been more surprised if she had said pink instead of blue. And for now, we think we are done...Wow, that is hard for me to say.
I laughed because I immediately thought of my vision of a future family and about how our families on both sides were going to FLIP OUT! Seriously, flip!
They were convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was preggo with a little girl. They would ask if they could just go ahead and buy little girl clothes because they knew it was a girl. And they would send funny text messages about when was I finally going to find out that it was in fact a girl.
This confidence came from the Chinese Gender Calendar...Yes, I said the Chinese Gender Calendar! Sorry guys, I have to poke fun! Hehe!
One morning when everyone had gotten together for a family event, they all sat around the table checking the previous births within the family. Every single one they checked, (not sure how many they went through...Steve has a big family) correctly predicted what that child ended up being. From a biological perspective, I know this is a bunch of hoopla. (That's a fun word! Hoopla!) And I know they do too, but you can't help being swayed by it.
When we told them it was blue, they thought the trickster in Steve was pulling their legs. They asked for proof and how sure the doctor was.
Once we proved it, they were of course beyond excited to be welcoming a sweet little boy into the family!
Now to play with names! Baby boy #2, we can't wait to meet you!
Linda, you and Steve are going to love having two boys in the house! As a mom of two boys, I can assure you there will never be a dull moment in your happy household, as I am sure you already know. I am so happy for you, Steve, and cutie pie Evan!:-)
ReplyDeleteSorry, Linda, Freba is my nickname. :-)
ReplyDeleteI will get the hang of this get! It's me Weber! :-)
ReplyDelete