Abilene may not be the prettiest west Texas town, but it holds a lot of beautiful memories for me. These are my stomping grounds. I might shed a tear when we drive back to H-town. I have to be honest...H-town still doesn't feel like home to me yet. I miss small town Abilene kindness. There is Texas kindness and then there is Abilene, Texas kindness. Nothing beats Abilene kindness in my book. I also miss small town traffic. Everything beats Houston traffic...no book needed...it is a fact.
It has been GREAT spending time with my dad and sister. My heart has felt so full this Christmas season, and it has had nothing to do with what was under the tree. I just want to spend time with the ones I love, and make sure they know that I love them.
Christmas Eve I got our little gang together for family photos. A few turned out okay, but there was a pretty cold breeze blowing and the boys understandably didn't last long.
Thanks for our fancy tricycle "Poppie". That is Evan's name for Grandpa. He totally came up with this on his own..."Poppie" likes it!
Ian was not having it, and Evan was cold! Both were tired and didn't understand why daddy and mommy wanted them to look at the camera.We will try again when the weather is better.
Here are a couple of my favorite videos from Christmas morning. Please, excuse my sniffles. My allergies were driving me crazy.
Beautiful. How fortunate when we get a glimpse of a real Christmas.
ReplyDeleteThank you! And congrats on becoming a Grandpa!
Delete