Thursday, July 7, 2011

Babymoon and The Name Game

Babymoon!
Steve's friend since elementary school, Travis, got hitched this 4th of July weekend to a beautiful girl in Austin Texas. Steve and I decided to call this trip to their wedding our Babymoon, and it was a BLAST. We got to dance the night away at their beautiful wedding, hang out with good friends, Josh and Alisha, whom we haven't seen in way too long and spend quality time together relaxing and checking out Austin. In the picture above, I am basically 19 weeks along. I know from here on out my belly is just going to get bigger and BIGGER! Bring it on!

Austin is known for its trails so we decided to check one out Sunday night. This trail is right on the Colorado river, and has a famous bridge with one of the world's largest urban bat colonies living underneath it. The trail was really neat complete with tons of trees for shade, a leash free area for dogs, splash park for the kiddos, gazebos and awesome views of the river and Austin's skyline. Check it out! 

Here is a view from a hilltop off of the trail. On one side you see this awesome skyline and on the other is the splash park with a TON of kiddos running around getting soaked. Everybody and their dog was out for the evening since most people had the next day off for the 4th. I forgot my camera so I just used my iPhone 3...which doesn't have a flash. So my picture of the kids enjoying the water didn't come out. Really all of these pics are grainy due to low light. Boo! :(

I love this guy!
While attempting to take a picture of us together, we could hear the sounds of a musician playing a saxophone . Humorously, half of the notes he played were off key! Ha! It was still neat to see and hear...at least half of the time anyway. :) We also came across a violinist and a couple guitarists playing along the trail.

Steve, can you put this in our future backyard?!! Please!!!!!

Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge aka Bat Bridge. There were loads of people waiting to see the colony fly off at sunset to search for food. By the time we made it to the bridge, it was so congested with watchers that we decided to view from the trail below. 


No surprise that one of our favorite parts was the leash free zone for dogs. I couldn't help snapping a picture of this boxer waiting patiently on its owner to throw her toy in the water.


Go Cowboys! Beat Texas! I am already getting excited for football season!

The Name Game
Two things were really important to us with naming our little boy. One being the meaning of the name and having some kind of family history. With these two things in mind Steve and I finally, officially picked a name. Drum roll please.....Evan Michael Eilers! Evan means God is Gracious, and Michael is Steve's middle name as well as his father's name.

My sister-in-law, Lacey, asked if she could decorate letters that spell his name for us to use in his baby room. Of course! :) Also, my grandmother is knitting an afghan for baby Evan. She sent me a picture of yarn samples to choose from. I picked the first two colors on the left to be knitted in a zigzag, stripped pattern.  I can't wait to see them! Thanks so much guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment