Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oh Boy!


In this picture I am 17 weeks 5 days prego, and I am oblivious of our little one's gender. After spending a fantastic weekend with our friends Trey, Dominique and their little girl Cheyenne, Steve and I drove to our doctors appointment to see if we could solve the gender mystery.

On the way, I turned to Steve and proclaimed "I think it's a boy." If you had asked me two months ago, I would have told you that I thought it was a girl or that I had no idea. Here recently though, I found myself being drawn to blue hues and boy gear as I window shopped. But I hadn't worked up the courage to say it out loud. So I couldn't believe that I was actually voicing this to Steve the day before our appointment.


Before our date with the doctor, we stopped at Chic-Fil-A for breakfast. Check out my semi-healthy breakfast. It's how I roll people. :)


At the doctor's office we got to hear the heart beat! It was very loud and strong. Then we drove to a different building to have the sonogram. I was so glad that we weren't getting our second sonogram done at the hospital like we did for our first. The person who did our initial sonogram was very cold and literally didn't crack a smile once. I just told myself she must be having a bad day and ignored it, but it did make my experience less enjoyable. So needless to say, I didn't want to go to her again for this exciting moment. Well, the woman who did this sonogram was WONDERFUL. She smiled, laughed at how much our little squirmy-worm was moving and genuinely seemed happy for us. I wanted to give her a hug for being so nice, but I refrained. Here is a good profile picture.


Is our little one sucking its thumb?!!


Before she told us the gender, she asked what we thought it was. I carefully looked at the image on the huge screen and said "Its a boy!" She replied with "I am 99% sure you guys are having a little boy. See his boy parts!" I immediately started to cry. A million thoughts flooded my mind, and I was so excited. The rest of the day Steve and I would just look and smile at each other knowing exactly why the other was grinning.


In our excitment, we purchased our first piece of baby gear. We had been doing a lot of research on a good yet relatively inexpensive all-terrain stroller. My friend Dominique pointed us in this direction. The front wheel swivels so it is easy to turn, but is also locks so I can use it for power-walking or jogging. I love the color.



On this day, I also found myself thinking a lot about my mom. I wish she was here so I could see her facial expressions at the news and ask about her pregancy experiences.


4 comments:

  1. A BOY! Amazing! Nice choice on the jogger. You and little man are going to have so much fun using that. Seeing more sonogram pictures makes it more real, that you are having a baby. I'm excited for you and Steve. That's a sweet picture of your mom.

    BTW I still can't find that stupid DVD, so I just paid for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just so excited for you! Mommy's always know what they are having! I told Ryan almost every day I know it's a boy! The love you are going to have (and already have)for that precious little boy will amaze you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're excited about your news! Of course, having 4 out of 5 be boys, go figure, right? Actually, whatever God decides is best, and I know y'all would have been happy either way.
    Thanks for posting the picture of your Mom! It made me tear up. If you ever need a substitute mom for gleaning pregnancy experiences, you know where to find me.
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete