What's that?
So serious.
Silly Billy.
And he's out.
These pics were taken a little before Ev's 2 month birthday. Before I know it, he will be three months. I will post comparison pics between the two months then.
2 month developments for Ev:
This little guys has stolen our hearts.
It is amazing how long I can just sit and stare at him. He is smiling a lot now. Melts my heart every time. I love how Ev will stare at Steve and I trying to copy how we are moving our mouths. He has also started to look at objects intently. Objects like toys hanging from his bouncer or play gym and lights. Yeah, he loves to stare at the lamp in in nursery and the bathroom lights. I was a little worried about this, but I read that it is actually normal at this age.
He has also rolled over a few times from his tummy to back. Which I have heard is really young for his age. He is technically sleeping through the night with 5-6 hour stretches, and then after feeding sleeping for another 3-4. I will take it!
He has also rolled over a few times from his tummy to back. Which I have heard is really young for his age. He is technically sleeping through the night with 5-6 hour stretches, and then after feeding sleeping for another 3-4. I will take it!
I mentioned in my last post that we are having to put blankets/burp rags under Ev's right shoulder and head. Longish story shortish, I noticed when Evan was 6 weeks old that he was continually turning his head to the right. And I noticed that he was getting a flat spot on the right side of his little head. I freaked, and scheduled a doctor's appointment immediately. Well, apparently Evan has/had what is called positional plagiocephaly.
Our Pedi said that since babies have little room to move around in the uterus they can get stuck in one position causing the muscles of the neck to get very tight on one side. So Evan just continued to turn to the right because it was easier. This caused him to get a flat spot. Makes sense.
She said that it was great that I caught it so early, and that with some work on our part she has no doubt he will have a perfectly round head. So I have to do daily neck stretches on Evan, carry him in my right arm instead of my left, and put blankets under his right shoulder to encourage him to look left.
His head already looks much better, and he is turning his head to the left more often now.
He had his 2 month shots this week. :( He cried, but overall he did really well. He was a little fussier during the day and slept a little more, but today he was back to his normal self.
He now weights 11.15 pounds and is 23 inches long which puts him in the 50th percentile for both categories.
Mommy Update:
I have grown so much as a mom over the past two months. I feel like I finally know what the heck I am doing overall, and I don't get as stressed out.
I have actually BF in public twice with a cover, numerous times in the car when I was out and about, while cooking dinner and once on a park bench when I was walking/jogging around the lake.
I am proud of myself. Why? Well, for some reason I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to BF, but my body so far is doing what it is suppose to. And Evan is doing great at it too. I am soooooo glad I stuck with it. I can't tell you how many times during the first few days and even during the first month I thought about giving up. But I didn't! My body is making it for free. Why not use it.
One area that I still don't really have a clue what to do is Evan's night time routine. He gets really fussy at night sometimes, and it is really hard on me. Really hard...He will cry while eating, cry when I rock him, cry in his swing, cry laying in his bed. Cry, cry, cry.
I hold him while he is crying and think of all the articles I've read on not letting him learn how to fall asleep on his own. I lay him in his crib and let him cry for a few minutes and think about all the articles I have read about waiting until they are 6 months at least to sleep train.
What finally gets him to stop is different every night. It could be any of the things I mentioned above that didn't work the first time. I follow the baby wise schedule during the day (sleep, eat, wake). But the night time schedule is just not working for me.
Well, time to do Ev's late night feeding and go to bed myself. I plan on updating one more time before I go back to school on Monday. Nighty Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment