Friday, February 3, 2012

Goals

Time to fess up on how I am doing on my 2012 goals. I actually have done really well at keeping up with them for the month of January so bring it February.

For my spiritual goal, I have re-memorized the following verses:

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God; not as a result of works, least any man may boast."


1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "For I have delivered to you as of first importance that which I have also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was buried and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures."

 
Romans 11:6 "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace."

As far as my physical goal, I have lost a total of 3 pounds. Thanks La Nina for bringing us this spring like winter. Because of you, I have been able to get outside and work it around the lake. I want to be able to run the entire 3.1 loop by the end of this month, AND I want Steve to run it with me.

Here is a pic of Evan and my friend's cute little girl bundled up for our 4.4 mile walk/jog adventure. We have been able to meet up a few times while I have been on maternity leave. 




Marriage goal...Steve and I are hugging everyday! Ha, that sounds funny to me. Can you tell I teach high school. They help to keep my mind in the gutter. 

You can put big fat checks for my personal goals as well. 
  • Blog- check
  • Straighten up the house at night before bed- check minus a few nights
  • Try a new recipe- yummy checks on 2 of the 4 recipes I tried.
    • Apple cider dressing- Boo...it was like sugar water on my salad
    • Balsamic dressing with fresh garlic and herbs- Perfect
    • Mexican Lasagna recipe with jalapeno mozzarella cheese and whole wheat tortillas for layering- Yummy! I found this in Cooking Light magazine
    • Homemade brownie recipe- Sadly it was a flop...I am still on the look out for a chewy brownie recipe. If you've got one, send it my way.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment