Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Goals

I am trying to type like a mad woman at the moment in an attempt to finish this while little "Evie Ev" (Steve's nickname for Evan) naps.

Why does Ev have a rolled up burp rag under his head? I will explain in another post.


I hate that I haven't been able to update my blog as much as I would like to. I don't know why, but I am much more likely to blog than scrapbook. Although, I do make scrapbook pages as well. Which I am massively behind on those too. Sigh... I love looking back over my blog, and I hope someday that my children (Lord willing) will read over it and get a glimpse of their crazy momma and daddy.

2012 Goals:
Something about being a mom has made me more of an A-Type personality. Just ask Steve and he will testify. And honestly, I like it. I have been itching to put my 2012 goals in my blog to #1)Hold me accountable and #2)Have it recorded in case 6 months from now I forget. I decided that instead of just having one big goal that I wanted to have several small goals for every facet of my life. So here it goes.

Spiritual Goal
Re-memorize the verses that I memorized a year ago and add to my list. The bible says to be ready to give an account of the hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). I am not 100% ready, and I want to get there.

Physical Goal
Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained more than I wanted to in my pregnancy journey. I have already lost 27 pounds, but most of that was from birthing a cute baby boy. Now I have 18 pounds left to shed. I would like to lose more, but I will be happy with just getting back to my original weight. How do I plan on doing this? Well, Steve and I are going to be that "Other Running Couple" around the lake. More on this later.

Marriage 
I want to make more of an effort to hug Steve everyday. It is so easy with how busy we both are to go multiple days running past each other. No fun.

Personal
1. Blog at least once a month with updates on Evan, my goals and fun things that are going on.
2. Try at least one new recipe a month.  I have already made one for January and honestly it didn't turn out well. Boo!
3. Make more of an effort to straighten up the house at night before I go to bed. Nothing is more defeating in the morning than waking up to a messy house, and I don't want to start my days defeated. 


Okay, I think that is enough for 2012. 

Real quick, here is an update on a few things I have mentioned in other posts. 
1. Alternator on the car- They fixed it again without charging us, and put an actual Mazda alternator in. Hopefully it won't go out again in the next couple of months. 
2. At my last appointment, my doctor gave me the green light to jog again! Yay! But she did say that I can't do laundry? Weird...;) I told Steve that he would have to take over in that department, but for some reason he doesn't believe me. Would I lie about this!? Yes, definitely. :D
3. The past three nights Evan has been sleeping for 5 hour increments! I love it! Keep it up Ev!

Now to go wake my sleeping cutie. Please, excuse me if there is a higher number of typos then my already high average. I seriously have been typing at lightning speed.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment