Saturday, February 4, 2012

Let's Call It Like It Is

While making dinner, a story on World News Tonight caught my ear (at least I think it was World News Tonight) that stated mom's who blog are happier, because it helps them feel connected to the outside world.

For me, at this stage in my life, I would have to say that is true. Partly because of feeling more connected, but mostly because it gives me a quick and easy way to document my life journey.

I laugh at studies like this though. The headlines could have very well been "Mothers that eat brownies are happier and more fulfilled." I would agree with that too...a warm brownie and ice cold milk. Who wouldn't be happy with that. But the moms that like cookies better would object saying they are just as happy. Wouldn't they?

Okay, back to me. :)


My blog started out as way to stay connected with family and friends. It still has that going for it. 

Then it became overrun with posts on my attempts at running. Okay, it still is a little about that too.

Then when we became preggers, everything I did was in light of that. I will be a mommy forever and always amen. I can't go to the bathroom now without thinking of Ev or my future children for that matter. So let's call this blog what it is: a Mommy Blog. No more "Eclectic Blog." No more randomness. There is no such thing for a mom.   



Last night, I had planned for Steve and I to watch the movie "Contagion" and eat popcorn laced with mini-M&Ms after we put Evan to bed. As a biology teacher, this movie was right up my alley. This thriller is about an airborne virus that kills its hosts in a matter of days and the medical communities attempt to stop the epidemic.
 

Well, our little cutie had different plans for our Friday night. He was really fussy and kept eating his hands. I decided to pump to see if he would eat better from a bottle. 

I barely produced an ounce! I can't tell you how frustrated our nighttime feedings make me. He did eat a little before I pumped so that could be why, but I couldn't help thinking that I was not providing what he needed. 

Our pedi, at our last appointment, said that he is gaining weight beautifully and that I didn't need to supplement. But after I warmed some extra milk I pumped earlier that day to feed him he was happy and out like a light. Sigh. 

With that said, Steve fed Evan for me Thursday night while I had a girl's night out (can you say "Margarita!") And with the bottle, Steve said he was still fussy. I am completely stumped.

With my going back to work on Monday and needing to pump numerous times a day now, I am kind of panicking. This is probably premature, but I can't help it. 

So today, it is project increase supply. I am going to pump every two hours, drink a ton of water and what ever else I can think of. 

Evan was finally asleep by 10:00. I was exhausted emotionally and physically. So Steve and I watched an Episode of "Parks and Recreation" ate our popcorn and went to bed instead. 

 

This was the comic relief that I needed. I got some really good snuggling time with Evie Ev this morning. I will miss my mornings with him. Here are some pics I took of him this morning. 
 Saturday morning hair...mine didn't look much better. :)

 I love Ev's little deltoids. 

 Boo, blurry. 

 Put 'em up.

 Future OSU quarterback. 

Before I knew it, he was face down. Poor boy! 

On the agenda for the rest of my Saturday.
  • Practice a demo I am doing for my biology class.
  • Go for a jog. (Steve is going to have to go on his own today. He is busy finishing a project he is entering in a competition.)
  • And love on this baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment