This past Saturday, little man turned 3 months old!
Steve
and I kiss this face about a million times a day, and I keep telling Ev
that he will never be too old for me to do it. :) Moooha!
There are two main things that stick out in my mind about Evan's journey to 3 months of age.
1. Better sleep for him and his parents.
2. Evan discovering that he has a little voice which he LOVES to listen to. (video at the bottom of this post)
There are two main things that stick out in my mind about Evan's journey to 3 months of age.
1. Better sleep for him and his parents.
2. Evan discovering that he has a little voice which he LOVES to listen to. (video at the bottom of this post)
Sleep
I feel like Evan's bedtime routine now compared to a month ago are night and day to each other. He is going to bed really easily now. He nurses or eats from a bottle then goes straight to bed between 7:30-8:30 with little to no fussing whatsoever.
And over
the past week, I have been able to put Evan in his crib fully awake and
let him go to sleep on his own. He barely whimpers. But if he does
start to cry, I immediately go back in to lightly rub his head, give him
his binky and reassure him. Then I walk out of his room, stand outside the door and repeat however many times necessary.
Usually he is fine after a few moments of reassurance. Tonight, I only had to go back in once, and on a couple different nights he has fallen asleep on his own without a peep after being put down fully awake.
Sleeping for 7+ hours is the norm for him now. Sprinkled in with with this are nights of 10 hour stretches before waking up to eat which is soooo nice. Total, Ev sleeps for 12 hours a night.
After reading several blogs about sleeping issues at this age, I feel extremely lucky, and I hope that he continues on this path of sleeping well.
I am still swaddling...not sure when I will stop doing this. I have experimented on a few occasions during nap time, and he has done fine. But I doubt I will stop swaddling at night anytime soon.
One item I believe has helped Ev get to sleeptopia is the Miracle Blanket. In my opinion, this is the absolute best swaddling blanket out there for helping your little one feel secure and snug as a bug. I'm so glad my friend suggested this product to me.
The only reason why I have felt comfortable having Evan sleeping in his own crib from day one is because of the Angelcare monitor that my mother-in-law gave me. This and actually having a crib....Ha! (We weren't sure we would have one right away.) Thank you, thank you, thank you!
It has a movement sensor pad that you put under the mattress. If no movement is sensed for 15 seconds, a warning beep goes off. If there still is no movement 5 seconds after the warning beep, an alarm goes off. In the beginning, we had a few false alarms, but this was because we didn't have it on the right sensitivity level. If you are debating about what monitor to get, the peace of mind this baby gives you is worth every penny.
Usually he is fine after a few moments of reassurance. Tonight, I only had to go back in once, and on a couple different nights he has fallen asleep on his own without a peep after being put down fully awake.
Sleeping for 7+ hours is the norm for him now. Sprinkled in with with this are nights of 10 hour stretches before waking up to eat which is soooo nice. Total, Ev sleeps for 12 hours a night.
After reading several blogs about sleeping issues at this age, I feel extremely lucky, and I hope that he continues on this path of sleeping well.
I am still swaddling...not sure when I will stop doing this. I have experimented on a few occasions during nap time, and he has done fine. But I doubt I will stop swaddling at night anytime soon.
One item I believe has helped Ev get to sleeptopia is the Miracle Blanket. In my opinion, this is the absolute best swaddling blanket out there for helping your little one feel secure and snug as a bug. I'm so glad my friend suggested this product to me.
The only reason why I have felt comfortable having Evan sleeping in his own crib from day one is because of the Angelcare monitor that my mother-in-law gave me. This and actually having a crib....Ha! (We weren't sure we would have one right away.) Thank you, thank you, thank you!
It has a movement sensor pad that you put under the mattress. If no movement is sensed for 15 seconds, a warning beep goes off. If there still is no movement 5 seconds after the warning beep, an alarm goes off. In the beginning, we had a few false alarms, but this was because we didn't have it on the right sensitivity level. If you are debating about what monitor to get, the peace of mind this baby gives you is worth every penny.
Voice
Evan has started vocalizing a lot more. Cooing, high pitched squeals (my fav) and gurgles.
Evan has started vocalizing a lot more. Cooing, high pitched squeals (my fav) and gurgles.
Sunday, he literally
spent all day talking to himself. It was so stinking
cute. I laid him down for a nap and after a few minutes of quiet, I started to hear a bunch of crib talk. Take a listen.


He is precious! Loved hearing him "talk"! You are very blessed to have such a good sleeper. I would have loved that monitor when my kids were babies!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete