Telling someone "no" is at times hard to do. But I have learned that sometimes telling yourself "no" can be even more difficult especially when it comes to your workout routine. Most of the time, I am telling myself "no" when I want to stop running or stop working out. But occasionally, I have to tell myself "no" when I want to keep going.
I have mentioned that pain in my right ankle has been bothering me, and it took a while for me to even admit that I needed to take a break from running allowing my body to heal. That was a really hard decision to make. I guess I pictured myself never able to go for a run again...and that thought actually terrified me.
After taking a week off, my leg felt much better so I decided to try a short 3 mile run around the lake. The weather was awesome, and I completed it pain free. But the next day, I felt the hint of pain again in my leg. So yet again, I found myself saying no. I took Tuesday totally off, and then today I cross-trained. Tomorrow, depending on the weather, I might do yoga or try three miles giving myself a couple of recoup days afterward again. And so the journey continues...Repeat after me "No."
No comments:
Post a Comment