With Steve and I being so busy, it is difficult finding time to cook dinner at home and make a "semi-healthy" dinner on top of that. For the past year, we have really been making an effort to cook at home to save money, and overall we have done really well. But I am trying to be more time saving in the kitchen as well as more sneaky with adding healthy options to our everyday quick meals.
For instance, tonight we had quick and easy soft tacos. I made triple what we would actually eat tonight. This way we will have an even faster dinner or a quick lunch for me and Steve later on this week. To the meat I added Ms. Dash, cumin and a can of rinsed black beans. The beans are cheap and add fiber and nutrients. Plus, the beans increase the life of the meal by adding extra bulk. What more could you ask for?...besides a personal chef, of course.
Believe it or not, but Steve is actually more of a health nut then I am. So, he is really liking that I am making more of an effort. What stopped me in the past was the extra cost of eating more healthy items. Tomorrow, I am trying a new pasta recipe. It has two items that I have never cooked with before...goat cheese and butternut squash. I can't wait to give it a go.
No comments:
Post a Comment