I set out with the goal of working out at least four times a week, and so far after seven weeks I have consistently been working up a sweat five or six times a week. And I have to say that making time for myself consistently feels really good.
The only problem is that for the past few weeks I have been ignoring a nagging pain in my right leg in hopes that it would just magically go away like some of the other pain I have had in the past. I kept thinking that this is just something I needed to work through. Well, I haven't been able to will it away. Finally, I have decided that I can't ignore it anymore.
I have my theories as to what this pain is from...I have blamed my new shoes, the hot weather, and then finally I am left with just blaming my injury prone body. I have read in "Runner's World" that everybody has their own injury threshold. It is hard to not be jealous when I ask other runners if they struggle with pain and they reply with "No." I want to tell them to count their blessings.
Well, I can either except my body and let it heal or risk hurting it more...I think I will go with the first option. Here is my game plan. I am going to hang my new running shoes up for two weeks and focus solely on cross-training. Today, I went for a 3 mile walk instead of a run, and last night I worked out on the elliptical and stationary bike. I plan on doing these things plus yoga, ab workouts, and more weight training for the next two weeks. Hopefully, my body will heal, and I can figure out how to prevent this in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment