It has been two years since I have been able to speak face to face with my mom. I have been thinking a lot about her lately...I wanted to honor my mother by putting her favorite hymn on my blog for you guys to enjoy. When the church that my family attended would have a hymn request night, this is the hymn she would always ask for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2eSfKqMRbA&feature=related
IN THE GARDEN
Verse 1
I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear,
Falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.
Chorus:
And he walks with me
And He talks with me,
And He tells me I am his own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
Verse 2
He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing;
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.
Chorus
Verse 3
I'd stay in the garden with Him,
Tho' the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go;
Thro' the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.
Chorus
I love you mom.
I Love It!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not that familiar with hymns. Thanks for sharing this one. I'm thinking of your Mom too. You are a very strong woman and your mom would be so proud of you.
ReplyDelete