This weekend I had to break from my regular schedule of running on Saturday mornings and run instead on Sunday afternoon. This was because Steve and I were out late Friday night with some friends of ours, and I really needed a morning to sleep in. My original plan was to run on Saturday night after I got some work done for school, but my school planning took longer than I thought it would. I am actually glad that it worked out this way. The temperature was great, and I got to run 10 miles with a light drizzle refreshing me the whole way. It was as if someone was spraying me with a water bottle...I think I might pay someone to spray me when I run the half-marathon. Any takers?
Steve's foot still bothers him every now and then when he is on it for a long time. At this point we don't think he will be running in the half-marathon with me which I am bummed about. He is still trying to find the time to do some light workouts here and there that do not put much pressure on his foot. Hopefully it will fully heal, and he will be able to work up to higher mileage. But for now, I would rather him stay off of it as much as possible.
The race is still months away, so who knows. I bet he could train in a few weeks and build up to the mileage faster than what we're doing. Either way, I hope his foot feels better.
ReplyDelete