Sunday, October 11, 2009

Injury

Steve went to the doctor about his foot, and it appears that he has a strained ligament. The doctor told him to stay off of it as much as possible for the next 3 to 4 weeks. :( This means I am out a running partner until then. His injury was a reminder to both of us that your body has to build up to the amount of stress that you put on it, and just because your heart can handle it doesn't mean your body can. I hope he recovers quickly.

I ran 8.6 miles Saturday morning...my original goal was nine, but I felt extremely exhausted from a long week at work. I had staff meetings one morning, new teacher training the next day, and then parent teacher conferences that night. Because of parent conferences, I did not get home until after 9:00. I will have another late evening tomorrow night due to conferences. But luckily I get a four day weekend this week because of Fall break...and boy do I need it.

After my run, we had one of Steve's friends from school over to watch the OSU game against A&M. It was OSU's first away game of the season. For every away game we dress Rusty up in his gameday gear. I took a really cute picture of Rusty. But my camera and computer must be mad at each other right now, because I can't get the pictures I have taken to transfer. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment