Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life Outside the Box

Last night, I decided to pass on watching one of my favorite TV shows "Jon and Kate Plus Eight," and went for a jog instead. I left about 8:00 that evening due to the warmer temperatures. I pushed my pace again and averaged 11.07 min/mile and ran a total of 3 miles. It took longer to cool down when I was finished. After walking for 5 minutes, I still felt like my heart rate was too high to start stretching so I sat indian-style taking in a few deep breaths. I listened to the sound of geese and the rustling of leaves in the wind...I watched the pink and orange sky, and thought that this was much better than the sound of the television or the glow from its screen. I am glad I went to make my own memory instead of watching others make theirs...no offense Jon and Kate.

2 comments:

  1. From Runners World, "What distinguishes those of us at the starting line from those of us on the couch is that we learn through running..."

    Way to go on picking up the pace!

    ReplyDelete