Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Results Are In

Steve and I finished our first 10k in 1 hour and 2 minutes. Steve said that he really wanted to run with me for our first race, so needless to say he could of had a much faster time. Since Steve and I never timed ourselves when we were training, we really had no idea what our final time would be. Overall we did better then we thought.

The sky was overcast and a couple of times we got a light mist...it was really refreshing.
At the beginning of the race, everyone took a moment of silence and then Pistol Pete (OSU's mascot) shot off his gun to signal us to start. I about passed out before the race even started, because I was not expecting to hear a gun shot. While running, I had flashes of an old Seinfeld episode were Kramer accidentally held out his very hot cup of coffee for a marathon runner to grab. Gosh, I love that show. After the race, there was bottled water, bananas and granola bars for everyone.

Well, tomorrow I am having my final observation by a member of the board of education. I will be so thankful to get my first year of teaching over with. It is so nerve racking to be observed by the principles and people higher up in the state, but after tomorrow I will be done!

1 comment:

  1. that's a great time, especially for your first one. I think my pace is right there with you, so don't get any faster....hahaha. So, I bet now you have the race buzz. It's a cool atmosphere. I'm proud of you and Steve. That was nice of him to run with you.

    ReplyDelete