Happy Friday everyone! Steve and I just took Rusty for a short walk...it is so nice outside. We were supposed to have a lot of rain today, but that did not happen. Although we need the rain, I hope it holds off until about noon tomorrow because tomorrow we race!
Steve and I are participating in our first 10k (6.34 mile) race here in Stillwater. It is called the "Remember the Ten Run." It is in remembrance of ten OSU coaches and athletes that were killed in a plane crash on their way back from a basketball game January 27, 2001. This is the third annual race and the turn out gets larger each year (so the paper says anyway). We are not doing this race for a certain time, we just want to complete it without stopping or passing out. LOL!! As we compete in more we will work to improve our time. There are actually quiet a few people competing that we know, so it should be fun.
Steve got his schedule figured out for next year. It is going to be another busy one, but we are going to work really hard this summer to save up enough money so he will not have to work during the semester. There have been multiple nights this semester that he has stayed up literally all night and all the next day. It is not only hard on him, but on me as well. When he is stressed...so am I...and visa versa.
Well, Steve and I just rented the movie "Doubt." I will let you guys know how the race goes and if the movie is a must see.
No comments:
Post a Comment