I hate that I didn't post during my 32nd week...life has been busy (a good busy) and time is flying. How many times can I say that before it gets annoying. :) Well, here is one more time to add to the list.
I cannot believe that I am already 33 weeks and three days prego. Here is what Evan has been up to lately according to babycenter.com.
How your baby's growing:
Showers
Are you lucky to have awesome in-laws? I am! You know how they say you not only marry your spouse, but you also marry their family. How true! And guys I married well! (Winks to all my peeps out there!)
Two weekends ago Steve and I drove to Texas for our baby shower on his side of the family. They worked so hard to get all the items that we would need to welcome Evan into this world.
My school and church also hosted showers for us. The generosity of others has reminded me of the importance of giving. It was so fun to celebrate with those close to me.
Funny Comments
What is the funniest thing someone has said to you as a pregnant person? Here is a run down of odd/funny/meant to be nice comments I have received.
* "Well, I think you look very nice for a pregnant woman." Thought in my mind, "FOR A PREGNANT WOMAN!" My reply, "Why, thank you!" What I really wanted to respond with, "That is a very nice complement...for an old man!" lol! I know he meant well, but come on! :)
* "So a spring baby?" My reply, "No he will be born in the fall." Her reply, "No, I mean when he was conceived." ...Remember that I am a teacher, and this was asked by another teacher to me in front of a few students...EMBARRASSING!
* Asked by a complete stranger, "So when do you hatch?" This just made me laugh.
* "When are you due?" I use to not understand why some people said that this was rude to ask. Really, it is not the question that could be rude rather it is the response to the answer that could hurt a ladies feelings. Comments like "That's all!" Meaning I am too big or too small for the date. I have received both.
* From a student, "Can you see your feet?" "Yes, I can see my feet." "No, don't bend over. Just look straight down...now can you?" "No, I can't." Class busts into laughter as did I.
* Another miss-hap from a fellow teacher in front of my class. I am trying to make a student feel better about not reading that well, so I told him that I couldn't spell. The other teacher said, "One thing we know you are good at is creating life." High school students with their minds in the gutter anyway definitely took this the wrong way.
* Walking to the printer to get some papers I needed, and a fellow teacher tells me to sit down and that I shouldn't be walking...lol.
* Along the same lines. I picked up a foldable chair that literally weighted 5 pounds at best, and I was immediately told to put it down because I shouldn't be lifting anything that heavy.
Dreams that are Meant to Be
I have mentioned before that pregnancy has given me a slew of dreams. Most random, some funny, a few scary and one that I really feel that I was purposed to have.
This lone dream was about my mom. I dreamed that we were doing a really difficult ropes course together. You know...running through a forest, crawling under barbed wire, etc.
The whole time I keep looking back at her because I was worried that she wouldn't make it, but she was doing fine.
At one part of the course, we had to climb an extremely tall, skinny ladder with the blue ocean as the only break to our fall below. The wind was howling, my hair was flying everywhere and then I heard it.
My mother had lost her grip and was falling. I turned around frantic yelling "No!" I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it without her. She then yelled back to me, "You will be fine. Keep going."
This still brings tears to my eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment