Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 31 Prego Stats

Last Friday, Steve and I celebrated his birthday early by going to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Eskimo Joe's, and then "attempting" (key word) to play frisbee golf. 

I made a mental note a month ago when Steve said he wished we had tried to play more often.

Funny story is that we tried once before but with regular Frisbees... needless to say it was a big flop. So, for his birthday I bought us some real disks for the sport.

With a growing belly, it was hard manuevering my body to make that disk fly, but we still had fun! As they say, "A couple that makes fools of themselves together, stays together." Right?! Yeah, that's how it goes. :)

Here is what babycenter.com says about Ev's development as of week 31.


How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


Here are some other prego stats as of week 31.

Total weight gain: 29 pounds!!!!!!!

Predicted weight gain: Hmmmm....36 pounds. Steve says I am good at guessing, so we shall see.

Predicted date that Evan will enter the world: How does November 27th sound Ev? Sounds good to me. Okay, its a deal. You come two days early, and I will give you a comfy place to live...(shhh, don't tell him that I would do that anyway!)

Current Symtoms: "Attack of the Killer Acid Reflux" is in full affect! After waking up gagging and gasping for breath several nights over the past month and spending an entire night without sleep, I decided to call my doctor and ask, no beg, for her to give me the green light for Pepcid. It has helped a ton.

Finding a comfortable sleeping position is getting more difficult. I now sleep with a fortress of pillows around me. One under my belly, one large pillow under my head to keep my upper half elevated, and one between my legs.

Dreams...tons of odd dreams. Most of them have been school related both silly and stressful. Like, I have a student that I just can't reach. Or I forget to call in to work, and I can't get my cell phone to work so I can call letting them know why I am not there.

Progress on planning for maternity leave: Lets just say that I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment