So, this may or may not be Eeyore cruising around in the back of our car at this very moment. :)
I asked Evan if he would be okay with Eeyore keeping his spot warm for him until he arrives. Evan's fine with it. Plus, he said that it might help Eeyore cheer up a little.
I am getting close to what I like to call the "twirl my thumbs and wait stage" of pregnancy. Which feels really good as far as stressing about being ready is concerned. But who likes waiting? The closer I get the more I am ready to get this show on the road.
We took a tour of the hospital yesterday to fill out paper work and see where we would need to go when Ev arrives. It was kind of surreal being there. Seeing the rooms, meeting the nurse, being asked point blank if I want an epidural, sign this paper that it is okay for you to have a C-section if necessary, etc. I thought to myself, "Oh my gosh. This is really happening." Odd...I know, but it is what I kept thinking.
Here is what babycenter.com says about Ev's development this week.
How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe)
and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate
his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him
rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system
is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've
been nervous about preterm labor,
you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who
have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short
stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health
issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term
babies.
Pathetic Confession:
Is it sad that I am glad the new Twilight movie is scheduled to hit theaters before my due date?...Wait don't answer that. I am not sure I want to know your answer.
I am pathetically and extremely excited about watching Breaking Dawn Part 1. I have planned to go see it with a small group of girl friends on Nov. 21st or 22nd, and the only thing that would make it better is if my sister could see it with me. She is a HUGE Twilight fan. Anyone else want to join me?...(cue crickets).
Nursery Takes Shape
Now that I have that off my chest, here are some pics of the nursery. This used to be our office/guest room/throw whatever we don't want to look at in here room. I hate that we have to keep the dog's crate in here, but there really is no other place to put it.
This is a banner from my shower at the high school. "Welcome Baby"
This is a decoration from the shower that Steve's family threw us. "Its a boy!"
| Hand made blanket from Steve's aunt Sandy. |
This truck is a toy that Steve actually played with when he was a little one.
This is where the changing table is going to go. Steve's mom is bringing
this, a glider chair and a dresser to us some time soon.
His closet is more organized than mine.
| Here is where the glider will go. Notice the letters that my sister-in-law Lacey made. :) |
We left the wall above his crib bare, because the sound machine my sis
gave us also projects images. So Evan will get to watch that on the wall
above him at night.
Thoughts on Grace
I love the meaning of Evan's name. God is gracious. I am so thankful for that grace, and I hope that this is something Evan one day comes to understand.
I have never spelled out my beliefs before on my blog. So here is a quick run down of what I believe. I got this straight off of my church's website.
THE BIBLE:
The Scripture is the infallible Word of God. The Bible is inspired by God and the basis for
the authority of our lives.
. .
. all scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for doctrine, for
reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. II Timothy
3:16
JESUS CHRIST:
Christ is the Son of God who became flesh
being born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life, died on the cross to
pay for the sins of all mankind and rose again ascending into heaven.
God showed His love for us that while we were sinners Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
SALVATION:
Salvation is not by our works but simply
by faith in Christ. All have sinned and need a Savior. God sent Christ
to pay for our sins and all who believe in Him receive the gift of
eternal life.
. .
. for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of
yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone may boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9
There is a debate among Christians as to whether salvation is by Grace alone or if it is based on our works, meaning you have to be good enough to earn it or good enough to keep it. Free grace or Lordship salvation. Is discipleship/works tied to one's salvation or are they separate issues all together?
I believe that they are separate issues, and too often they are combined. Causing the salvation message to be confusing, muddied, and false.
Click HERE if you want to listen to a few messages on salvation and discipleship.
Feel free to look around on my church's site. Have a verse that you are confused about? Look it up directly. You can basically listen to messages over the entire Bible by going to the audio bible study library. Is there a hard passage that you don't understand or makes you question the grace message? Check out the topical studies on hard passages.
I absolutely love our church. The Bible is taught so clearly and accurately. It is not about entertainment, self-help messaging, or teaching what is popular. I really hope to find a church body just like this when we move. Steve and I have grown so much here.
No comments:
Post a Comment