Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 35: Wait! Where Did My Ankles Go?

This past Tuesday marked the 35 weeks prego point for me. Being a mere 5 weeks away from D-day, my mind has sifted to excitement over what I will be able to do again without a small watermelon in my belly. 

I ran across a blog post last week that made me laugh out loud. Finish this statement, You're VERY pregnant when...

I could totally relate to the top ten list on this post, and the comments to it are just down right hilarious. This made me want to come up with my own top ten list specific to me entitled:  

"I know I'm nearing the end when..."

10. Thoughts of being able to eat blue cheese, drink Presidente Maragritas, and go for leisure jogs dance in my head.

9. I ask odd questions like, "Where did my ankles go?" "Is that a foot or a knee that just stabbed me in the side?" Or "Do I really have to wear shoes to work today?"

8. Pepcid AC and I are no longer mere acquaintances, but we are now at best friend status.

7. Instead of jumping off the coach like normal, I occasionally roll off, sit on the floor to regroup, and then muster all my strength to stand on two feet.

6. My spouse loves to joke about how I now grunt a lot. How sweet! :)

5. I am seriously tempted to count getting dressed in the morning as my workout for the day.

4. I am embarrassed by how hard my breathing becomes just from going up the stairs.

3. Comments like "You look like you're fixing to pop" hurt my feelings more than I ever thought they would.
2. 90% of everything out of my mouth has to do with pregnancy...sorry to everyone around me who has to listen to my jabber non-stop. :)

1. The thought of holding Evan in my arms fills me with excitement, wonder, and if I am completely honest a bit of shear panic. 

Our sweet friends down the street have offered to watch Evan for us when I go back to work. I am so thankful to have people I trust to watch him, and I can't believe how convenient it will be for us to just walk down the street for drop off and pick up.  

This past weekend we watched their little boy for them. I have been nervous how things would go with our two doggies and a little tike around. This babysitting adventure put any nerves I had at ease. 





What a cute smile!


It seemed as if the dogs instinctively knew to be gentle. It will be fun to watch Ev and the dogs play when he is big enough.


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to hold your little guy in your arms. It is the strongest love you will ever feel and it's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete