I am officially 30 weeks prego! The big 3-0!
How your baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage).
A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will
decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His
eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have
20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches
from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
I had a mini-panic attack last week when I realized that you are technically considered full term at 37 weeks. THIRTY-SEVEN WEEKS!!!!!
Why the hysteria?
I am a teacher, and planning for maternity leave as a teacher just plain STINKS. Okay, here is my little rant about my maternity leave.
Well, with the realization that he could come as early as 37 weeks (of course I know he can come even earlier) made me realize that I have 3 more weeks to plan for beside the 8 weeks I will have to plan for if he comes on time.
Also, I am planning not only for one subject but for two. Plus, I have to plan for all the differing needs of my students. Special needs, spanish speaking only, behavior issues, etc. Sigh... So yes, I feel like I am planning for seven maternity leaves instead of one.
And the cherry on top of it all, I teach a state tested subject. Am I going to worry about our test scores? Yes. Am I going to worry about my student's behavior? Yes. Am I going to fear for my sub's sanity? Depending on the sub...Yes. Do I regret being pregnant right now? ABSOLUTELY NOT! :)
I totally understand why some teachers plan their family additions around the summer, but not every teacher has that luxury of just "deciding" when to be pregnant. For most families it takes time.
Beside all the above, I am totally fine with him entering the world anytime
during or after 37 weeks. Did you hear that Evan? NOT any sooner!!!
In fact, if I block my job out of my mind, I
would actually be thrilled to meet him that early if he was healthy and
ready. I am just stressing at the moment...once I get everything planned, I will feel like Mt. Saint Helens has been lifted off my shoulders.
Okay, I'm done. I will leave my school related panic attacks at school from now on.
____________________________________________________________________
On a positive note, I have be blown away by the generosity of a my family, friends and a complete stranger. We have received gifts from family members that will help us more then they could know, friends have asked to host showers for us that I was not expecting at all, and a lady I use to teach with called me up and said that a person she knew wanted to give us some hand-me-downs. Get a load of this!
Tons of baby boy clothes ranging from preemie to 16 months!
Who doesn't need Pee Pee Teepees!
Shoes! Loads of shoes! I almost started to cry looking at all of these.
Bibs for our messy boy!
Socks that will more than likely mysteriously disappear. So I am glad that we will have a bazillion!
Play gym!
Portable swing!
What do I plan on doing when we are done with these items? I am going to do the same as this stranger did for us, and pass them down.
THANK YOU to everyone who has blessed us with company, prayers, gifts, and baby showers. You know who you are, and you are very appreciated. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment