This Tuesday I will be 29 weeks along and will complete the first week of my 3rd trimester. I can't believe how fast time is flying!!! I can't wait to meet Ev, to see his face, hear his cry, and hold him in my arms. But for now I am just going to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.
My favorite thing about pregnancy is feeling and seeing Evan move. One night Steve went from watching a football game, to sitting on the carpet starring at my belly to watch it move instead. :) I have been feeling tons of kicks and now a few sliding moves. I wonder if it is a foot, hand, or elbow slowly rubbing against my stomach as he moves around.
I have been thinking a lot about labor and delivery lately. I have to start seeing my doctor every two weeks now, and as I get even closer that will change to every week. I am excited to tour the hospital and find out where we will need to go.
At the first OSU football game of the season, I found myself yelling "PUSH" when one of our players tried to break through the defensive line. This made me laugh out loud! I imagined people cheering for me in that manner as I give birth. "PUSH, Linda! PUSH!" In reality, if I had people screaming "PUSH" at me like I was at the game, I would probably jump off the bed to punch them in the face. LOL.
The likelihood of this happening is close to zero though, because I don't think I will have anyone in the room beside Steve and maybe my sister...If she wants to...I haven't asked her yet!
Hey, Mar-Bear. What do you think? You can be my back up after Steve passes out. :) And I am now 99% sure that I am going to get an epidural.
Are you Baby Wise? ...I'm going to try to be.
The main idea in this book is about the balance between hyper-scheduling (I will only feed my child every 3-4 hours no ifs, ands or buts about it with little thought to growth spurts and differing needs of each child) and thinking that every cry needs to be answered with milk.
It focuses on developing a good demand first and then doing a feeding, wake, sleep type pattern with your child every 2 1/2 to 3 hours along with watching for hunger cues. It also talks about how to teach your child to sleep through the night. I will talk more about this later, because I know it is a controversial topic, and I want to finish the book before I talk about my thoughts on it.
****Also if you have something negative to say about this book, please only give constructive advice after you have actually read it yourself...not just what you heard from so and so. I know that every child is different, and I am just using this as a guide. I have a lot of close friends who have done Baby Wise and swear by it.

I haven't read the book so you won't hear boo from me about it. ha! I will say, though, it is definitely wise to find that middle ground of which you were speaking. Kudos to you!
ReplyDeleteAmongst our five children, I cannot show you two that I feed the same. Seriously. Between the different needs and demands on me it just did not happen. (of course, that is with 3 preemies in the mix)
I do have an excellent book for when Mr. Evan is much older and you're dealing with behavior. It is based totally on Scriptures!
Love y'all & so wish I could see ya!
Thanks! What is the name of that book? Once I get the whole baby thing down, it is those types of books that I plan on reading. :)
ReplyDelete