School is officially in session now for both Steve and I. I have been with students for two and a half weeks now, and it has been going great! School in many ways has provided a pleasant distraction for me.
Steve just completed the first week of his last year of school! Obviously, we don't want to wish our lives away, but we are so excited for him to be done. Who knows where we will end up after this year. EXCITING!
AND OSU football starts this coming Saturday. We are both sad that this will be our last season to get tickets. With Steve being a student we get them for super cheap, and I am hoping that my body will hold up for all the games. I initially thought that I wouldn't get tickets and just let Steve go with the guys. But as it got closer to the season, I knew that I would regret not going. We have so many fun memories cheering for the orange Cowboys!
Friday night, Steve and I went out to get a bite to eat and took a late night 3 mile walk afterwards. It reminded me of when we were first married and would always go for strolls under the stars.
On the walk, a woman asked me if I was trying to induce labor! Ahhh...no! I want Ev to stay in my tummy as long as he wants/needs to. Do I really look that big? I remember being 16 weeks pregnant and thinking that it was obvious to all that I was prego. Bahahahaha!
I am sure as I get closer to the end, I will look back on my pictures now and laugh at how I thought I was "big" then.
Saturday we did a little baby shopping. I had a coupon to Old Navy for buy one item and get one baby body suit free. I love the stripes, and babies look so cute in outfits like these.
After shopping, we finally got around to making our month of meals. Well, I am going to call it our "monthlish of meals", because we don't have enough room in our freezer for an entire months worth.
Steve did the chopping, and I managed the stove. Man, was our kitchen HOT!
When it was all said and done, we had made four casserole dishes. Chicken, broccoli and rice casserole, Arroz con Pollo (mexican dish), and two meatless Italian dishes. I am hoping that we can get at least three dinners from each casserole, and that they will all taste delicious even after being in the freezer for a little while. I plan on using one a week. We shall see how it goes.
While looking for ideas of what to cook, I ran across this cute recipe from an old family cookbook.
Preserving Children
1 large grassy field
2 children
4 dogs
Hot sun
Narrow strip of brook with pebbles
Flowers
Deep blue sky

No comments:
Post a Comment