Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fun in Fort Worth

On our trip to Fort Worth, I was so excited to do my long run of six miles with my friend Dominique. In this picture, she is holding her eight month old baby Cheyenne. She picked me up from Nick and Allison's house at 7 am Saturday morning and took me to a really nice trail along a river. We were able to catch up with each other, and it was just the encouragement that I needed. She told me to set the pace...laughing I told her that she might regret saying this later. Not because I would kill her with my speed, but for the opposite reason. I made her run like a snail, but because I took it really slow the six mile run felt pretty easy for me. I would really like to run with her a few more times before our half marathon in February. Next time, I will tell her to set the pace so she can kick my butt into gear. Hopefully, I will be up to her speed by then.

I was also surprised to see my old friend Trishawna. I have known her since the sixth grade. We played basketball together and were close all through high school. When we arrived at Nick and Allison's house she was hiding in the closet and surprised me as Nick gave me a tour of their new place. It is crazy how long we have all known each other, and it is funny to see how we have all changed and grown up...lol. Nick married to a great girl, buying his first house. Trish, a beautiful woman, living on her own while working with Big Brothers, Big Sister. Dom and Trey with their first child. I love my friends and I am thankful for people that make me laugh, challenge me, and will always be there for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment