Monday, June 8, 2009

Half Marathon

Living closer to Boomer has been great! This is my view running around the lake. There are tons of geese and their new babies on the trail.

My friend Dominique, Steve and I are starting to train for a half marathon which is in February. A half marathon is 13.1 miles. It is a long time away, but my plan is slow and steady, and I want to build my base up first before I start adding higher mileage. Dom and I are coordinating our training together, but we are both going to tailor it to our lifestyles since we both have different demands and schedules.

Here is our training schedule. Two short runs a week of 3 or 4 miles. One long run a week of 6 miles adding an additional mile each month up to 10 or 12 miles, and one cross-training workout a week of walking, toning, or whatever we feel like. Steve is working a lot of overtime so he might wait to start training in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment