
This Friday, Steve and I took Rusty for a walk around Boomer Lake. Rusty is not use to walking 3 miles which is one loop around the lake. So I stopped to give him a drink of water. This is why you shouldn't drink from public water faucets. LOL

Lets play "Whats wrong with the sign?"

Every time we walked past a shaded area Rusty would plop down to rest. Steve and I would let him recoup for about 10 seconds and then encourage him on.


The main reason for taking Rusty for walks around Boomer is because tons of people walk their dogs out there. If you have met our dog, you know that he was not socialized as a young pup with other animals. Thus, he has pretty bad anxiety which appears as aggression towards other dogs. Our plan is that every time he walks past a dog we will give him a treat. I think that it is helping a little bit...we shall see how it goes with more exposure.
No comments:
Post a Comment