To celebrate our 4 year anniversary, Steve and I decided to go to one of the many historical landscapes that Steve documented for the Historic American Landscapes Inventory last semester. The Philbrook Museum of Art was not always an art museum. It was originally a mansion owned by one of the richest families in the United States.
The grounds were beautiful. Steve told me that the gardens were a mixture of formal, eclectic, and modern elements, but mostly in the Italian Renaissance style. They were originally designed by a family ran landscape architecture firm called Hare and Hare.
I can see the resemblance between Steve and the statue can't you?! And doesn't Steve look great with his matching purse.
Sometimes you just have to stop and think about your life. This statue is titled"The Thinker." Very inspirational.
Steve and I stared at this one who's title is "Untitled." Steve came up with tweezers, but I was thinking more along the lines of two individuals standing face to face, united...you decide.
Walking around in ninety degree weather made us rather hot...the cool, green grass felt great on our feet.
Four years down...Lord willing, lots more to go.I have learned a lot about love these past four years. I've learned that the little things add up over time to be huge things. I have learned that like anything in life, if you want to be successful at love you have to put in the time and effort. Sometimes it requires swallowing your pride, a few tears and patience. It requires letting go of your inhibitions, laughing at mistakes and looking forward to the future. Love is sprinkled with good times, great times and moments that will forever be in your head. And in between all of these, you wind up finding your best friend, lover and teammate. Thanks sweetie for picking me to be on your team. I love you.







It seems like we were just planning the wedding. Congrats on 4 yrs of marriage!
ReplyDeleteWe went to the Philbrook not too long ago. It was beautiful. Congrats on 4 years!
ReplyDelete