Thursday, May 28, 2009

Moving Time

Here is an update on us.

Steve and I have been packing slowly over the past few weeks. Moving is such a stresser, so we are really try to make it more manageable by doing a little at a time. By Tuesday of next week we should be totally moved into our new duplex. I will miss this place. Ahhhh. :)

Steve has been working overtime to try and make some extra cash. I am thankful to have such a hard working hubby. He is currently with the watering crew on campus. He has come home a few times covered in tons of dried mud. They are fixing sprinkler systems all over campus, and that requires digging. Water plus dirt equals one dirty husband. It is kind of like searching for buried treasure. If they dig a hole and that is not where the break or problem is, they have to dig another and another.

Steve and I have been looking for a washer and dryer set for awhile now, but have not had much luck finding one in our price range. We started looking on Craigslist, and thought that we had found a perfect deal. I called the seller and set up a time to go and see the set, but an hour before I was scheduled the seller sold it to someone else. I was heart broken...I know that sounds cheesy, but I was. I tried to keep my head up and trust that God had something else for us. Well, my friend that I commuted back and forth with to work last school year called me and said that her parents had an old washer and dryer that they were not using and that we could have it if we were interested!!!! The only problem is that the water does not drain out of the washing machine. My mother-in-law says that it might just need a new pump. So when we get it from them we are going to have it looked at. Any of you fix-it yourself people out there know how to fix a washer that doesn't drain???

Well, I have have some goals that I need to accomplish today. Which are washing the car, finish packing non essentails, call man from our church to finalize using his trailer to move, going for a quick jog, making dinner, get more moving boxes...I think thats enough for today. :)

Later Gators

No comments:

Post a Comment