Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Work-Life Balance Is Not So Balanced Right Now...Palm to Forehead

I am a mom. I work. I am proud of it.

I went to college, received a degree and I enjoy having a career and helping support my family financially.

I am in no way saying anything negative about women or men that choose to stay home with or without a college education. There are many a day that I am jealous of you.

I completely understand your reasons, and I hope that you will not judge mine.

I have decided that the only people I really have a hard time being friends with are those that think their way of doing things is the only right way, bark really loud about it, and are openly rude to others about their choices...

And people who take the time to back into a parking space...

Oh, and people who don't put up their shopping carts...:)

If you are my friend and you do these things, we need to talk. lol!

But seriously, please know that when I say I am proud to be a working mom, I am in no way downing others choices.

I'm a mom. I work. I'm proud of it. But...

My work-life balance is totally out of wack right now, and it all has to do with teaching a new subject again this year.

To those that think teachers leave when the bell rings...Bahahahahahah!
 
Ian thinks you're silly for thinking that.
I soooooo wish.

I stay late 90% of the time, and still do work for school at home. In fact, this weekend I have to make a final exam. It will probably take me at least a couple hours. I easily spend 50+ hours a week working.

I hope to make this 40 next year.

I haven't been able to make my health a priority this year like I have wanted to. That needs to change now, even with my heavy work load. I need to go back to my galloway method of training, but I just can't seem to find the time to stay consitent. If I'm not consistent, I get down on myself and end up quiting all together.

This was the way my first couple of years teaching in Oklahoma were, and now my first couple of years here in Texas.

I can't wait until I feel like I did when I left Oklahoma.

When we left Oklahoma, I had been teaching the same subjects for 3 years. Due to this, I was able to spend time perfecting my teaching craft not just figuring out what the heck I am talking about and doing. I felt like my work-life balance was very well balanced. I was happier, healthier and more relaxed.

I know I will get there soon, but this year has been really rough on me.

I am just thankful that I have good care for my kids. They are happy when I drop them off and happy when I pick them up. They do art everyday, read books, sing songs, play outside and are building good social skills.

Here is a letter one of my students gave me. It totally made my day. I try to be a teacher that I would want my kids to have when they go to school.


If I had to say what my 2014 new year's resolution is, it would definitely be balance. Here's to finding balance with all these good challenges I have in my life right now.

With that said, I am going to press save on this and lace up my running shoes. Say a loooong prayer for me. It's been a while. Then I will do my final tonight after the kiddos go to bed.


Thanks for listening to my babble.

Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment