I took Ian to daycare, and then my brown-eyed boy Evie-Ev and I went on our first official outing with just he and I.
I want Steve and I both to do this as the boys get older and just rotate back and forth between Evan and Ian so they can get some one on one time with their mommy and daddy.
Here's what we did Evan...
Our day started off with chick-fil-a breakfast and playtime on their indoor playground. You got to play with some other big boys who showed you how to slide down the big tunnel slide without being scared while mommy made small talk with their mother. It was fun and not as awkward as I feared it might be.
![]() |
| The little scab by your eye is from when the side walk caught your fall at daycare. |
Then we went to your first movie in the theatre ever! You got a little antsy a few times, but overall you did really well. There were a ton of kiddos in the theatre since school was out today which helped. You wanted to sit in my lap most of the time which I didn't mind a bit. :) Frozen was a great movie! One of the best animated movies I've seen in a while.
You enjoyed running around in the green space outside of the theatre after the movie and riding on the donkey statue. You almost ran out into the street once. You were going so fast! I had to grab you by your collar which made you fall on your bottom. Oh man! You were having fun!
Toys R Us was the last stop of the day to find a replacement for your "buddy". Daddy and I cannot seem to find your favorite toy. I'm sure we will find it in either the most random or obvious of places, but until then these guys, "lizard" and "nana", were the closest I could find. You were pretty pleased.
I know I will miss the days when a 3 dollar plastic lizard and banana were are all you needed to keep you entranced for hours.
Then we got stuck in traffic which was soooo much fun (not), and picked up "Iaa" from daycare. Right now you guys are playing outside as I type this on my iPhone. You can't beat 70 degree temps in January. Tomorrow a cold front comes in so we have to eat it up while we can.
Daddy has to work late tonight to help with a project. So, it is just us three for dinner and bathtime tonight.
On that note, thank goodness for Sesame Street before baby bedtime and the bachelor for after baby bedtime. :)
On a totally different note...Please, tell me that I am not the only person who STILL HAS THEIR CHRISTMAS TREE UP. Anyone, anyone...Bueller?
I had so much fun with you today, Evie-Ev! Ian, you're next my little man.
Love,
Mommy







No comments:
Post a Comment