
It has been a long while since I have posted anything on my blog, but here recently I've started training for my second half-marathon. And I have been longing to blog about it.
Training thus far has been a real challenge for me. Beside being the queen of excuses, I have always struggled with injuries. And with leg pain, work stress (commuting, teaching, grading, planning etc.)I have seriously said out loud on a couple of occasions how I am just going to bail out on this one...even though I have already paid for the race. BUT then the little voice inside of me, my inner runner, that at times gets buried really deep says "You will be disappointed if you ditch now. Don't miss out on this adventure." So here I am declaring to the entire world that I will dominate the OKC Memorial Half-Marathon! Bring it OKC!
So what has training for my second half taught me so far...decide, commit and dominate. I have soooooo many goals for my life, and one of my fears is that they will go unrealized. Goals for my health, family, spirituality, marriage...So my mantra for this half and the months after are to decide on whats important to me, commit to it and then dominate.
What are some goals that you have for yourself? Are they health related? Spiritual goals? Relationship goals?
No comments:
Post a Comment