Sunday, February 28, 2010

First Half-Marathon


About a year ago my good friend Dominique asked me if I wanted to run a half-marathon with her. I was reluctant at first, because I had attempted to train for one a few times in the past but never followed through with it. But I knew that Dom would follow through, and she was just the friend that I needed to keep me on track. Even though we didn't live in the same town or state for that matter, we still held each other accountable and ran together when we could. Steve decided that he wanted to run with us too, so that encouraged me even more.
This year of training has had its ups and down. I think back to when the idea of running 3 miles made me cringe in pain, and know I consider that my short run. There were days when the last thing I wanted to do was go for a jog, but I did it anyway. Then there were also days that I slacked off when I shouldn't have, but now those days are behind me. I set a goal a year ago and thankfully I have accomplished it.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! I'm so happy for you and you finished strong. COWTOWN 2011 here we come!

    ReplyDelete