
The picture above may not be what I look like when I run, but at times it is how I feel. February 27th is the date of our half-marathon. Steve and I have been trying really hard to run together three times a week doing one short run, one medium run and then a long run on either Saturday or Sunday. It has been really nice having someone run with me. On top of that, we have been doing at least one day of cross training with one of Steve's P90X Cardio workout videos. And let me tell you those videos aren't messing around.
Steve and I think we have discovered why we were having so much trouble with pain in our legs after we would run. Apparently our stride has been all wrong. We have been taking too small of steps which causes us to put too much pressure on our knees. Just by lengthening our stride we have almost eliminated our leg pain (knock on wood) which in turn has increased our speed slightly. Yesterday, we ran ten miles together. Steve averaged 10 minutes and 5 seconds per mile while I averaged 10 minutes 8 seconds per mile. This is one minute per mile faster than we have been running in the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment