I have to confess...I had a slight panic attack since our house was a disaster. If I wanted to be really honest right now, I would tell you that my house is a mess 99% of the time, but I don't feel like being that honest...Anywho!
I, of course, procrastinated to clean until the next morning, but I got it done! Big sigh of relief on my part.
Evan loves to watch me clean, and pretend that he is helping. He "helps" by swinging the swiffer around almost knocking the vase off of the mantle and pulling out all the toys that I just positioned cutely on the shelf. I love you anyway, Ev.
"The Greats" arrived around 3 o'clock, and Steve was able to get off early so he would have time to visit with them before they continued their drive to see grandma's sister. Evan was really shy at first, and gave them his "Don't mess with me look." I need to get a picture of it, because his scowl cracks me up.
This was The Greats first time to meet baby Ian.
Great Grandma Nancy and Great Grandpa James (This is where you get your middle name Ian...from your grandpa AND great grandpa)
Looking at pictures of himself that Grandma took.
![]() |
| Grandpa will be 80 years young in February of this year. |
![]() |
| "Can I play with your glasses, Grandpa?" |
Evan playing with the bath time pirate ship The Greats brought for him.
My grandma recently wrote a book about her life, got it self published and gave each family member a copy. There are tons of pictures from way back and tiny details that I would have never known had she not shared them with me. I love, love, love this!
This is the first time for me to see many of these pictures about my family's history. There are a ton more, but I am just sharing a few here.
I love the smiles on both of their faces in their wedding picture. Such a handsome couple.
Isn't my Grandma just so adorable.
Here is my grandma a 6 years of age. I love the way her hair is braided.
Talk about the cutest, chubby baby you have ever seen. I just want to pinch my grandpa's chubby baby cheeks!
![]() |
| Grandma pregnant with her first, my mom, Marianne |
I am in love with this picture of my mom at 21 months. Such a pretty little thing!
Thank you so much Grandma! This is such a treasure!
I can't wait to read every bit of it. You raised a beautiful family.
I can't wait to read every bit of it. You raised a beautiful family.


















Oh, that is SO wonderful! Several years ago, I had asked grandparents to write down their salvation stories for the kids to have. My mom is the only one who did. Now that she is gone, I am doubly grateful she took the time to do that.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a good idea! I am so glad your mom did that what a treasure to pass down.
ReplyDelete