I think I've found a running program that will actually work for me. Galloway, here I RUN...get it!
Or I guess I should say "Galloway, here I RUN-WALK-RUN!" I'm kissing goodbye my guilt of needing/wanting/desperately longing to walk while I run.
Here is a quote taken from his website. "His training schedules have inspired the second wave of marathoners who follow
the Galloway RUN-WALK-RUN™, low mileage, three-day, suggestions to an over 98%
success rate."
I started doing the couch to 5k method and was going strong until the summer hit and I was pushing a double baby stroller. I felt like I was dieing a slow and painful death. Add to that feeling like a failure for stopping to walk when the app was telling me to "Begin running now...Keep running you are half way there..." I wanted to tell the app to shut-up...Does that make me a bad person? I'm sorry C25K if your feelings are hurt...It's not you. It's me.
No really it is. Great program, but just not the one for me.
The Galloway method programs in the walking during your run. This is to help prevent injury and use your muscles in a different way during your workout. Today I ran 2.15 mi and burned 278.67 calories. My 31 minute workout included a 3 minute warm up, 3 minute cool down and running one minute/walking one minute in between.
They have an app that cost $3.99 and you have tons of options with it. You can play with the running/walking ratio to better fit you, use GPS to track your route, download play lists and more.
I feel like a new woman now that I have embraced walking with my running!
And I feel excited and empowered to attempt The Woodlands 1/2 marathon in the spring, instead of overwhelmed by it.
Are there any other closet RUN-WALK-RUNNERS out there?
I have plenty of time to get where I need to be...now to just do it.
Can someone please pledge to knock me upside the head when I tell you reasons why I couldn't carve out 3 days a week for my health? Thanks!
And thanks for listening to me babble!

No comments:
Post a Comment