Evan has had a lot of "Firsts" this past week and a half. He won't remember them of course, but Mommy and Daddy sure will. I want to document as much as I can to show him all of the moments that we are treasuring so much.
Evan has slept in his crib from the very first night. I was so worried the first night though that I slept in the nursery too on an air mattress.
Now Steve and I have a night time routine down, and I no longer sleep in the nursery. When Evan wakes up, Steve gets up, changes his diaper, and then comes to get me to feed him. I will post more on our newborn routine later.
Here is a picture from last Friday when he turned one week old. I can't believe that he will be two weeks old tomorrow! I plan on doing this weekly for a while, and then switch to monthly.
First Tummy Time
And the kick is good!
Right before Steve and Dad went to the OSU vs. OU game. They had a blast! Marylin and I stayed home to take care of Evan and watch it on TV.
Evan's First Tailgate (sign made by my friend Tammy) We beat OU by the way! Evan must be good luck! Go Pokes!!
One of his first few diaper changes at home...These have been a challenge. Evan hates them with a passion. You battle between hurrying up to get the madness over with and pausing to comfort which may or may not be of a much comfort to him. I love Steve's facial expression in the last picture! lol
We had lots of family members to pass Evan to during his first week home. They all helped out with cleaning, cooking, shopping and giving me extra sets of hands. I was also able to go to the store by myself while they were in town. NICE!
Steve's mom wanted to take us out for Italian one night. Although it left me completely exhausted afterwards, it was worth it to eat great food and hang out with his family.
The first book that I read to Evan. He loved it by the way...so much so that he slept the entire time. :)
The first book that I read to Evan. He loved it by the way...so much so that he slept the entire time. :)
Before Evan's first sponge bath...He had no idea what was coming.
He wasn't too fond of the sponge bath at first. The next couple of days, he began to enjoy it a little more.
Upgraded from a sponge bath to a real bath after his umbilical cord stump fell off.
"Much better Daddy."
First smile that aunt BB was able to capture with a camera. That's the face of contentment.
First photo shoot. Click here and check out a few of the pics. If you are in the Stillwater area and need a photographer, give her a call. She did an awesome job!
*Let me add here how long this has taken me to write...All day Wednesday (off and on, of course) and Thursday morning. Evan is keeping me busy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment