Saturday, September 5, 2009

Nothin' Like Bulldogs for Lunch

Steve and I were so excited to get season tickets this year. We are starting this football season ranked number 9 in the polls, and today we played Georgia who was ranked number 13. The game started a little shaky, but in the end we won 24 to 10. It was an exciting game.

Go Pokes! Go Pokes! Go Pokes! Go!

Rusty the future mascot for OSU is behind me...I can dream right!
Aside from football, Steve and I have both had busy weeks with school. Steve found out that he got another $500 dollar scholarship...I guess they found some extra money laying around. :) We will take whatever they find. In his Design 1 class, he is working on a design for a residential backyard. In his construction class, he is building a topographic model of landscapes around the school. In his graduate class, he is still working on the historic landscape surveys that will go to the Library of Congress. This is all on top of his everyday school work...he makes me tired just looking at him.
Since he is so busy, I have been pouring myself into lesson planning, running and trying new recipes. I was surprised to find out this week that I was chosen as one of the employees of the month. This gave me a little boost in my step, and surprisingly more confidence in my classroom. I got up early this morning and ran 8 miles. It took me 1 hr and 35 minutes. This week I ran a total of 16.1 miles, and it feels good...minus shin splints. When school first began I took 6 days off and my shins felt tons better, but now that I am running more consistently they are back. I've heard that rest is the only way to get rid of them...my body is just gonna have to suck it up. :)
In attempts to make the week less stressful, I have been doing most of my cooking on Sundays. I will make 3 or 4 meals at a time and just keep it in the fridge to warm up when we want it. This has given me more time to run and grade papers during the week.
I need to look for some new recipes to try making tomorrow...I think I am going to look in the family cook books that have been given to me by my mom and grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment