Sunday, September 20, 2009

For the Love of Football

I never thought I would find myself loving football as much as I have grown to love it the past two years. Here I am at the house...alone...and I am watching football. The Dallas Cowboys as a matter of fact...I usually could care less about pro-ball. But I have grown to love the game, college or professional, for many reasons. The excitement of the crowd is addicting, and I love the emotional roller coaster it can take you on. One minute your bummed out, the next crossing your fingers saying a silent prayer, and then if things go your way you're screaming at the top of your lungs jumping around as if you've just won a million dollars. Its great! Other things I love are the loud ghetto music at the games (or just in general really), the way it brings family and friends together, and it is an escape from the stresses of everyday life.

Well, our OSU Cowboys are not doing as well as we would have hoped. Last night, we played RICE, and although we won Steve and I left feeling defeated. We were very sloppy and the team we knew last year seems to have stage fright in our new stadium...that's my excuse anyway. :) But we continue to hold on to hope that we will get our game together...we are definitely not fair weather fans...and we ALWAYS stay till the end of the game...ALWAYS!

Here are some articles about our team's performance if your interested. Sorry for no pictures. I keep forgetting to take our camera.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/sports/6628323.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/3531/gundy-and-cowboys-rebuilding-confidence-after-houston-defeat

1 comment:

  1. We were slightly depressed after last night's game too. Hopefully we can pull it together before some of our upcoming conference games.

    ReplyDelete