Friday, March 27, 2009

What a day!

After waking up late this morning, I have been going non-stop all day, and all I can say now is TGIF. It has been a long week as well as a long Friday. In biology, we are talking about DNA sequences and protein synthesis. It is a hard concept to begin with and then compound that with the fact it is a Friday plus a chance of a foot of snow and that equals a bunch of distracted, confused kids. Boy am I exhausted!!! Teaching is harder than I ever imagined it could be.

I am currently sitting next to Steve in the landscape architecture building as he finishes up a design project on the computer. Even though the computer does everything for you, it is still a long and drawn out process. He has worked a total of ten or so hours on this already so hopefully he will be able to turn it in on time. We have a computer at our house, but it does not have the program that he would need to use. So here I am spending my Friday evening with him checking my emails, grading papers, and looking over his shoulder at his design.

I have to admit when Steve first said that he was switching from history to landscape architecture, I had mixed emotions. Mostly, I was supportive because I knew that he was not happy and I wanted him to enjoy his future career. But mixed in with my excitement was fear. I was scared that he might not like designing, drawing, and all that goes into being a landscape architect. But thankfully he is really enjoying it and if I do say so myself he is not bad at it either. He always comes home and tells me that his teachers used his design as an example of a good landscape. He has converted our spare bedroom into his studio by putting up some of this designs projects. lol.

Well, hopefully when he is done we can go home, eat dinner and be lazy bums.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys!!! I am excited about this blog. Good luck on everything. And i hope yall have a great weekend.

    Love yall!!

    ReplyDelete